Monday, October 22, 2007

Wedding Mania

Nick and I drove up to Cincinnati Saturday to see one of his friends from college get married. She got married in a big Catholic church in downtown Cincy, so it was a little different than most weddings I've been to. But you know what Catholic weddings mean. Free food and drinks at the reception. And trust me, we were the only people who didn't drink. I mean, the great grandparents were drinking. I think the great grandkids were too. We didn't know a whole lot of people (I had only met the bride and one other girl, and that was only once, maybe twice). But Nick had been pretty good friends with them back in the day. So we got a free meal out of it and some good entertainment. Some random lady (Aunt Milly) wandered up to us with her "friend" (who was also sharing a hotel room with her that night) and talked our ears off for awhile, but all in all, it was fun. And we got to spend the night in the hotel, sleep in a little, eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel (I never know how to spell that word) and stop at the Summit in Louisville to shop. Though I didn't buy anything, which was both disappointing and good.

Anyway, next weekend we're going to Jaclyn's wedding in Mayfield. We're not spending the night there, so that will be a late night. But I love weddings. And she's Baptist, so no weird stuff I don't understand!

We got to visit Brian while we were up there. He seems happy...busy too. With law school and a wife and a two month old, I'm not sure how he sleeps. But he seems to be liking it. And apparently his daughter loves her Big Red mobile that plays the fight song. I'd love it too. I'm very much wanting to get one right now for my child, even though I don't have one yet!

No comments: