Wednesday, October 10, 2007

I'm a bore

I read other people's posts, and they actually have meaningful things to say. And me, not so much. Which makes me wonder why exactly I need a blog. But what would I do without my blog? I saw on the news last night that a guy I went to high school with got shot in Louisville. I didn't know him real well, but his mom taught at my elementary school. He's my friend on Facebook. It's weird to think that it's been long enough since high school for people to get married, or get shot...or die even. How cheerful.

Last night Nick and I went to my parents' for Nick's birthday, which is Thursday. They got him his memory for the laptop and Mikaela picked out a John Deere sweatshirt, which she was excited about.

Our dog (Sydney, not Isabelle, who would never) peed on the comforter, and poor Nick thought he could get it washed and dried by the time we went to bed. I tried to explain that comforters have to be dried about 4 times or they're still wet, and that's actually the reason I have more than one (sure, that's it). But he has to see things himself to believe them. So it still wasn't dry when we went to bed, and he decided we could go without. I woke up at 2:30am freezing to death. First, he tried to cuddle with me to keep me warm (very sweet, but it's hard for me to sleep that way. I feel claustrophobic). Then he decided to go get the comforter and put it on. Then about 20 minutes later he got mad because it was still wet, and went to get a quilt. Anyway, there wasn't much of a point to that story, but it was sweet. Could have been much easier and saved us from waking up in the middle of the night if he had listened to me in the first place, but that's ok. I like when I wake up and he cuddles. For about 3 minutes. Then it's annoying.

Today is my appt. with the doctor, or nurse really, for my headaches. I've had one for about 36 hours now, but it's not too bad. Yet. I'm looking forward to getting some drugs.

No comments: