Friday, March 28, 2008

Last Night's Game

How disappointing. Not just that we lost, but that if we had played like we could have, we would have won. The first half was absolutely the worst half of basketball I've seen us play. And that's ok when you're playing Sun Belt teams, but not so much for UCLA. Who wasn't really that great. Sure, Kevin Love is good. But he knows it. And in the second half, Boris actually did a good job of fronting him and denying him the ball. I'm proud of them for coming back and cutting the game to 4. But it's frustrating to know that we actually could have beat them. If only we hadn't played so poorly in the first half. And I know now that everyone is going to say, oh well, great season. Sure. But losing sucks, especially when you kind of beat yourself. That Collison kid? Tyrone's way better. So I guess I won't be going to Phoenix this weekend.

Also, as a side note, the announcers said that we gave up football in the 1970's. That's interesting that our apparently nonexistent football team won a national championship in 2002. I hate CBS announcers.

No comments: