Friday, February 29, 2008

My Last Day of Freedom


Hanalei Bay

Na Pali Coast

Today is my last day of fun time at work. It's the last road trip of the year...well hopefully not, but probably. Except for the conference tournament, but I'm going also, so I'm won't be able to enjoy the peacefulness of the quiet office. But I did get accomplished what I hoped to, and that was planning our Hawaii trip. I finished the Kauai book last night and typed up the itinerary today. I can't wait. Kauai sounds awesome and we're going to get to do some things that we'll probably never get to do again. Like ride horses on the beach (I've ridden a horse once, and I was about 11 so I'm sure I'll embarrass myself) and ride a catamaran off the Na Pali coast (which also involves snorkeling...my fear of sharks is telling me not to do that, so it is definitely going to push me out of my comfort zone). Also, I think I'll be nervous about the helicopter ride, but apparently it's the only way to see a lot of the island. And seriously, everybody has to die somehow. If God's plan is for me to die in Hawaii, that's actually kind of cool. I know I've posted pics before, but I'm really getting excited.

Nick wants to take me to see a movie tonight. He even looked it up himself. But he did try to talk me into going to see Rambo or Vantage Point. So we're going to see Definitely Maybe instead.

The Braves are on this afternoon. I'm going to miss not seeing them every day on TBS. They're playing the Dodgers, who it seems like to take our players (Andruw and Furcal). But if they want to pay millions of dollars for players who are past their prime, more power to them. Whatever. I got tickets today to see the Braves in St. Louis. It was frustrating. I had to wait in a virtual line, and then I had to keep trying over and over again. I love the Braves, but I'm so glad it's not that hard to get tickets to their home games. It was ridiculous. But I got them.

No comments: