Monday, February 18, 2008

Miss the Weekend

I miss the weekend. Brad Paisley was awesome. Rodney Atkins was actually really good too. Chuck Wicks opened for them...he's the guy who has the Stealing Cinderella single out right now. But I love Brad Paisley, even if he didn't do my favorite song off his new album, It Did. But there were so many drunk people there. The three people next to Nick apparently didn't think about how they were going to get home until they were leaving, and the girl said, well I can't drive, but I'll try. Awesome. Saturday we helped with Love101 at church. We were guides on the 3rd floor, which is where all the fun sessions were (How Far is Too Far?). I tried to listen, so I'll know what to tell my kids, but I couldn't hear much. But after hearing some of the questions the kids asked (and some of them were middle schoolers!), I'm a little worried.

Last night we had our marriage class at church. The topic was the husband's role. The husband is to be the leader and the lover. We finish up the section next week. I think it's so cool that we're doing all this stuff so early in our marriage. Nick is awesome for going to all these classes with me. Also, Jason said yesterday that he's starting a new series on marriage in our 20:20 services on Wednesday nights! It's pretty awesome how all of these opportunities to learn about how God intended for marriage to be have opened up for us just in the first few months of our marriage. Or maybe He just really thought we needed it.

No comments: