Thursday, August 12, 2010

Schedule

If you know me, you know that I'm all about the schedules.  I'm an organization geek and yet I never feel organized.  Yesterday I made a list of lists I need to make.  I am making an effort to get more organized at home by setting certain days for laundry, a specific time for making dinner, etc.  I still have a long way to go, but I'm also going to try to get more organized with the blogging. I have fallen off the Fab 5 Friday bandwagon, but I'm jumping back on!  My new goal is to post 5 days a week (I am going to take off Saturday and Sunday, because that's our family time).  I have a theme for Friday posts obviously, plus Tuesdays, but I'm still deciding on the other days.  I think Monday will be for meal planning, mostly as a way to keep me accountable, and I'll possibly join in on Wordless Wednesdays (because who wouldn't love a weekly picture of Emma?).  So really that just leaves Thursdays. 

So...time for an Emma update!  She is THIS.CLOSE to walking.  She is very cautious (which I'm actually very thankful for...I think it's a good trait to have later in life...to an extent anyway), so she still needs something to hold onto.  She can stand and walk holding on to our pinky finger.  She has stood a few times by herself, but it's a little scary for her.  She is a professional speed crawler now, so she loves sneaking up on us.  In the kitchen...or the bathroom (it's always awesome to be joined in the bathroom by a toddler and 2 dogs!).  She's working on more teeth, and finally eating some fruits and vegetables again.  Although she still prefers chicken nuggets.  She is quite the little communicator.  She's picked up the sign for please, and it's too cute.  She signs more please during meals, and when she needs help she also signs please.  We're working on the help sign now, but it's very similar to please.  Also, "sorry" is similar.  Very confusing for a toddler (and her parents!).  She's still not a big fan of kisses, but she gives us hugs all the time.  She'll stop playing and lay her head on me throughout the day.  She's becoming very affectionate, which I think is so awesome.  Also, all those people who say they lost weight following around a toddler are totally right!  I can't sit still, barely have time to eat (which is mostly my own fault, because I don't like breakfast and don't take advantage of her naptime to eat lunch) and have lost at least 5 pounds.  Maybe I should market the crawling baby weight loss program. 

On a sad note, Chipper has torn (actually "badly stretched," whatever that means) his ACL again.  He is mostly likely headed for surgery, and then who knows?  He's 38 and was already talking about retiring at the end of the year.  ACL rehab is tough (not that I know from personal experience).  I'm sad that I may have seen Chipper play for the last time, and also because the Braves are having a good year.  I'm sure Chipper and his .240 batting average this season isn't the sole reason, but he's obviously a team leader.  Will there even be a Braves team without Chipper and Bobby?  It will be weird when it happens. 

No comments: