Monday, August 2, 2010

Braves game

Saturday, Nick and I drove up to Cincinnati with my Dad and sister to watch the Braves play the Reds.  It was one of the worst Braves games I've seen in a while (not really, because the last few years they've all been pretty bad) and they lost, but I took some good pictures.  We had good seats, and it was cloudy for probably half of the game so the temperature wasn't too bad.  Emma stayed at home with my Mom, so we drove back that night.  The Braves are going downhill, although they beat the Mets tonight. 

Emma still has a bit of a rash, but it's so much better today.  She was back to her normal self, and actually ate much better today than she has in the last 2 weeks.  I was even able to slip in some fruits and veggies (hidden in other foods mostly, but still, it's an improvement).  We had a lot of fun today.  Her newest word and favorite thing is bubbles.  She likes me to blow bubbles with my gum, and she loves when we play with bubbles and Sydney chases them around and eats them!  The word sounds more like "bubbies," but it's her first 2 syllable word (other than repeated syllable words like mama and dada)!  I'll be glad when the rash is completely gone, because I still can't really take her outside much.  I'm hoping to go to storytime at the library Wednesday, because she enjoys it so much.  My sister goes home tomorrow.  Emma has loved having her here this summer, but she's starting high school Wednesday.  I don't envy her, that's for sure.

Here are some more pictures from our summer!

No comments: