Friday, August 13, 2010

Fab 5 Friday

Here goes my Fab 5 for the week (thanks Emily for starting this):

Hyland's C-Plus Cold Tablets - I am all about all things Hyland's.  We had several recommendations for their teething tablets, and the best thing for me is that they must taste good.  Emma loves taking them.  I give these to her whenever she seems to be sneezing or has a runny nose.  I gave them to her Wednesday, and the next day she was already feeling better.  It's probably all in my head, but I will do anything to avoid wiping her nose about 65 times a day.












Chipper - I had to mention Chipper this week.  I was so relieved to read that he didn't think he had torn his ACL (and he would know, having done it once already).  And yet, he had stretched it enough that he'll need surgery, which will end his season and possibly his career.  That makes me sad...and it also makes me feel super old.  I grew up watching Chipper and he's old enough to retire?! 











The Braves - Despite losing Chipper, the Braves keep winning.  Brooks Conrad has been clutch, and Martin Prado should be back (to play 3rd?) soon.  I still think they've got a shot.












Chicago - We're finally getting around to a short vacation next week.  We're heading to Chicago for a few days to see a Cubs - Braves game, visit Lincoln Park Zoo, Navy Pier & the Children's Museum, and Shedd Aqarium.  Plus some shopping of course!










My Crockpot - I have been trying to get back to my meal planning and having dinner ready when Nick gets home from work every day.  I am in love with my crockpot (actually not mine in particular; I'd like a new one for Christmas).  I LOVE knowing that I don't have to do anything in the afternoon for dinner, and also smelling dinner cooking all day.  Plus I don't have to turn on the stove or oven and heat the house up.

No comments: