Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Back to Reality

I enjoyed my almost 2 weeks off. But now it's back to work. Christmas was great, but busy of course. Nick and I both got cash, and some smaller stuff. We also got a GPS, which was awesome and we didn't even ask for. It's a TomTom and Nick is pretty much obsessed with it. So I'm glad that he got his electronic toy and I got my money for a Coach purse in Hawaii. Nick and I didn't get each other anything this year, but we did open gifts with the dogs on Christmas Eve morning. And Nick made me a card, with pictures and everything. So I think that was better than a present anyway, because I'll keep that way longer.

Our New Year's Eve was pretty boring. We went shopping all day with his parents and then went out to eat with them. I FINALLY got my nice sheets at Kohl's. They're 600 thread count Egyptian cotton. Probably the highlight of my holiday break. Anyway, then Nick and I just hung out at home with the dogs. We managed to stay up until 12, but we missed midnight. We were talking, and I looked at the clock and it was 12:02. Oops.

Anyway, I emjoyed my time off and can't wait until Hawaii! And also to have kids, so I can retire indefinitely (probably the wrong way to look at it, but whatever).

No comments: