Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fab Friday (early) and Big News

First, the big news.  It might not be big to anyone else, but it is to us.  Nick sold his truck.  He's taking it to the guy today.  Suffice it to say, he's a little sad about it.  But it will help us to save up money for an SUV.  A van is out of the question now, since we will need something that is 4WD with a hitch.  I'm proud of Nick for letting his truck go so we can afford a bigger vehicle.  We took several pictures, so here are a few:
Here's what we're looking at:
http://www.saturn.com/outlook/
http://www.gmc.com/acadia/acadia/index.jsp

Fab Friday
I'm doing my Fab Friday early this week.  Nick and I are going to a conference tomorrow and Saturday in Louisville.  While ordinarily I would be looking forward to getting away, I'm extremely anxious about leaving Emma for the first time.  She's been sick this week, but seems to be doing better today.  I'm sure she'll be fine, but it's the longest I've been away from her, and I am freaking out!  So without further ado, here are 5 things that have made my week better:

1. Little Noses Saline Drops - LOVE these.  I don't like to give Emma medicine for a simple cold, so I use these several times a day.  They seem to really help her.  Of course, that means a nose that is constantly running, but that is much better than her being super congested. 


2.  Boogie Wipes - Sensing a theme yet?  Nick thought it was ridiculous to buy these when we could just use tissues or regular wipes, but I am hooked.  We used tissues the last time Emma was sick, and her nose got very dry.  She would tear up whenever we had to touch it.  So this week I've been alternating tissues with these wipes.  She doesn't mind and her nose has stayed moisturized.

3.  Funny Faces books - these are Emma's favorite books.  We bought her this one first, and she loved it so much I ordered 3 more.  They make funny noises on the final page, and have different textures to touch.  Plus, they're colorful and the words are funny for adults.  I am so happy to have books that Emma enjoys listening to, and that she can play with too.

4.  The Olympics - I'm usually a bigger fan of the Summer Olympics, but we've been watching these games almost daily.  I still don't get curling, but I know enough to know that the U.S. is not so good.  I am just grateful to have something to watch on tv during the day.


5.  March Madness - technically, this hasn't happened yet.  But it's so close, and I love it.  It's the best time of the year!  And it's the first year I will be at home, and not working, during the tournament.  Which means...basketball all day.  I can't wait.

No comments: