Monday, September 17, 2007

Fun Weekend

I had a really good weekend. Which makes it harder to go back to work today, but oh well. Friday I came home from work to a surprise from my husband, which is very out of character for him (and possibly due more to my persistent nagging that anything else, but whatever works). It was very sweet, and proof that when he wants to, he actually can listen to me and pick up on subtle clues. Like that I had been craving chocolate all week and that I wanted a picture frame to put some wedding pictures up on the wall. And I got him a remote control truck. As part of our ABF study, we were supposed to buy each other an inexpensive gift showing something we think the other would be good at...I think ours were more hobbies (he has been wanting to do some stuff to his truck for awhile, I love pictures and scrapbooking). And then we went to Longhorn, which he loves. Which he used to love. We had to wait forever and then once we got in, we were still there forever. And the kids beside us were screaming, but the parents didn't seem to mind. Of course not.

But anyway, Saturday we went to the football game and then to Ohio County. Nick's grandparents had a cookout. And they finally had a picture of him on their fridge (thank you very much). They have tons of pics of all their other grandkids all over their house, and it has always bugged me (Nick is too nice to do anything about it, whereas I am not). So I printed off a wedding picture of us with his parents, and now it's on the fridge. It's kind of pitiful when you're made to feel like you have to compete for your grandparents' love. But every family is a little crazy I guess.

Yesterday, I got to watch the Braves. And even though it's totally irrelevant at this point, Tim Husdon threw a complete game shutout, and we won. It's one of the last games I might ever see on tv, since TBS sucks. And I bought a new digital camera. It's a Kodak, like my old one, but it has a better zoom. So now I get to put my little red one on Ebay. I'm a little sad about it actually, because it went on my honeymoon with me. Nick bought it for me. It has sentimental value. But oh well. We also looked at a house (that we can't afford). But it was nice and had 5 acres and a pool and basement. And it was in a good school district. I wish I was rich.

No comments: