Thursday, April 23, 2009

Ick

So it seems like the days of having a (relatively) easy pregnancy are over.  I have apparently developed carpal tunnel, which makes typing all day lots of fun!  Actually daytime is preferable to nights, where my hand and arm hurts and yet is numb at the same time.  According to Wikipedia:  Night symptoms and waking at night--the hallmark of this illness--can be managed effectively with night-time wrist splinting in most patients. So tonight I'm going to buy a brace.   I've also read that I can rest my hand for 2 weeks, take aspirin, have shots, or have surgery.  So let's hope the splint works.  I know it will go away after Emma is born, and is because of the swelling, and exacerbated by my typing.  I have developed an ear infection too.  I went almost 27 years and never had one, but it really hurts.  Now I know why little kids scream when they get them.  For real, I wish I could do that.  I also think that some of my vitamins keep me up.  My prenatal vitamin used to affect my sleep, so I changed when I took it.  Now I am taking iron too, which makes me feel weird sometimes.  Also, Sydney apparently has a urinary tract infection.  Which means another meaningless visit to the vet, a big bill and antibiotics that don't work.  Awesome.

Other than not sleeping, having carpal tunnel and an ear ache, and a sick dog, everything is great!  We had our first shower last week and got some cool stuff.  Our bags for the hospital are packed (mostly) and the nursery is finished.  My birth plan is done (I think), and I'm going to go over it with the doctor today.  Emma is still moving like crazy.  I thought I was supposed to feel her less as she had less room to move, but apparently no one told her.  The doctor always has a fun time listening to her heart, because she moves away every time.  But apparently her heart rate increases after she moves, which is good.  She gets the hiccups a lot now.  I feel bad for her...the hiccups are no fun.  

No comments: