Monday, October 6, 2008

Weekend

We had a pretty fun weekend. On Friday night, Nick took me to see Nights in Rodanthe, which was not that great really. But I read the book, so I wanted to see the movie. We had older women on both sides of us who talked the entire movie. The ones on my side thought Richard Gere was gorgeous...old but gorgeous. I don't remember that book at all, so it must not have been that good either. I saw that Nicholas Sparks has a new book out, so I have to find time to read that one soon. Saturday Nick went home to help his dad, so I ran a lot of errands and cleaned, and at least got to start working on my scrapbooks. I am so behind. After church Sunday, we went with our ABF class to Mammoth Cave to cook out. We took the dogs, who got really dirty and nasty, but it was fun. Another couple took their dog too, but he's only like 5 pounds and also he has a broken leg. So they couldn't play. But we had fun...we cooked hot dogs (a hamburger for me) and smores. I can't remember the last time I went to Mammoth Cave.

But now the weekend is over and it's back to work. I'm hoping that Nick's work will be better. He's been very stressed out lately, and there's not really much I can do about it. His birthday is Saturday, and he has no idea what he wants from anybody. So he might not be getting anything. I've never had that problem...not knowing what I want for a holiday. Speaking of holidays...I am so ready for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

No comments: