Friday, October 17, 2008

Misc.

Miscellaneous is my fall back word. I use it for a lot of stuff. Not sure why I wanted to mention that really. Random also probably works in this case.

I've been feeling a little guilty about Nick's birthday. It was last Saturday, and while we did go eat Friday night at Longhorn (which is his favorite restaurant that we hardly ever eat at), I was supposed to cook dinner for him. I had all the stuff at home, but I had to start preparing stuff the night before. And I totally forgot until I was in bed Thursday night. So not only did he not get a present (that was not my fault...he picked out a bunch of stuff and then changed his mind, and then said there was nothing he wanted), he didn't even get a dinner fixed for him. He didn't seem to mind, and birthdays are not as big of a deal to him as they are to me. But still. I'm been kind of flaky lately, which is not like me. It bothers me. I wouldn't call me OCD, but I like things very organized and just so. So I feel like I need to plan something for him to make up for his birthday.

Also, I saw a really cute baby today, and I had this thought. I think when I have kids, it will be like the dogs. I will think she (or he) is so adorable and cute at first, and then once she grows out of that and hits whatever age it will be when she stops doing new things (talking, walking, whatever), I'll be ready to get another one. That sounds terrible. It's not like Izzy isn't cute anymore, but I love puppies. And then I will get a 2nd baby, and wonder what I have gotten myself into. Like the dogs. Sydney's great and all, and I'm glad we got her, but she is seriously a handful. And we're for sure stopping with the dogs. I always wonder if I make people mad with the comparisons between dogs and kids. I don't actually think it will be the same at all, but it's really all I have to compare it to right now.

Tomorrow WKU plays Florida Atlantic at home. So far I've really enjoyed this football season; even if we haven't won a ton of games, it's been cool playing the teams we have. But I also liked I-AA...at least back when we were good. Hilltopper Hysteria was last night, and it was disappointing. These scrimmages are always bad, but it's very weird for me to watch them play now. The entire staff, except for 2 managers, is new, half the team is new...it's just going to be a little weird for a while. Also I don't think they're going to be any good. I have such a different perspective on it this year. Anthony is on staff, and I'm not even too excited about that (which is like...NUTS). And yet, I'm going to shell out the way too much money for season tickets. Even my parents aren't getting tickets this year. I can't help but think what would have happened if Coach Cherry had been hired instead.

No comments: