Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's too hot!

Not being able to blog at work has really slowed down my blogging. How unfortunate for all of you (you know, the 2 people that read this). I went to see Mamma Mia tonight with Andrea. It was actually decent, aside from having to hear Pierce Brosnan sing...and seeing him without a shirt. Hard to believe he was James Bond. I was hoping that Colin Firth would be her father, but they made him gay. Which didn't mean that he wasn't her father, but he didn't get back together with the main chick (Meryl Streep). But it was entertaining and amusing. My iPhone is awesome and it's a good thing I have the unlimited internet plan because I use it a lot. And it runs down the battery like crazy. But it's awesome. Nick was sick yesterday and went to the doctor, but seems to be doing better now. He had an intestinal infection, which sounds awesome. He tends to assume the worst, so we were worried it was appendicitis or kidney stones or something. Fortunately not. He's been doing good on the nice things for me lately...the past 3 weeks he's brought me home blue flowers (!), left a note in my car at work, and today he wrote I Love You in blue marker on papers and taped them on my bathroom mirror. So now I have to start thinking up some better things to do for him. Also, church has been especially good lately. Jason's messages the past couple of weeks have been really thought-provoking and have encouraged me to go a little deeper in my relationship with Christ. And also in the level of importance He has in my life. Plus, the music has been good too. And our ABF started a new book that I think will be really good...I haven't loved the last few we've done. This past Sunday we met 2 other couples from Small Group / ABF at the mall (I went to Steve & Barry's for the first time, and while I didn't find anything, I think I will love that place), took our dogs to the dog park, and then played the Wii at one of their houses. It's good to find some new people to hang out with. Our yard sale is in a week and a half so this weekend will probably be dedicated to preparing for that...not fun.

No comments: