Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Doggie Class

Last night we had our first night of obedience class with the dogs. And wouldn't you know, they were awesome. Which is good, but I feel like it's most likely a fluke. And we bought them new collars, which allow us to correct them a litle better. So I think that's mostly what has been the difference. If we had known that, we probably could have just bought the collars and not gone to the class. But I think that the obedience class will end up being very good for them. We're supposed to practice this week, with heeling, sitting and staying. Izzy was awesome last night. She's the most stubborn dog I've ever seen. Sydney is crazy and wild and drives us nuts sometimes, but I think stubborn is worse.

I am trying to get up the motivation to improve my eatng habits. They're not bad anymore; I've cut out sodas (which is kinda huge for me) and also most salty stuff, like chips. And I've started eating a lot more fruits and vegetables. But I love sweets! I love ice cream and candy and cookies...and pretty much everything else. I know that the less of it I eat, the less I'll crave it. But it's so hard.

Nick has started getting up earlier in the morning to ride his bike and do his Bible reading. I'm proud of him, and hope he can keep it up. Also I hope I can support and encourage him the way that I need to.

Also, not that anyone really watches it, but I was surprised that the Bachelorette picked Jessie. And also that they've already set a date for next year. They seemed pretty fake on the after show. But what do I know.

2 comments:

Andrea Benz said...

So, what kind of collar helps you correct them better? I may need to invest in one for the 'zoo.

Christina said...

It's a pring collar. We have to get a micro prong one for Sydney, but Kazoo would probably use a regular one. We ordered ours, but I think they have them at the pet store in the mall.