Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oprah

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JW4LLwkgmqA&feature=bz302

I got this link in an email. It's about Oprah and what she has to say about religion. I usually don't like these mass emails, and I really don't know anything about the people that made this particular video. But I'm not a big fan of Oprah, and I think she thinks just a little too highly of herself. But since I don't watch her show, I didn't really know what she believes (should have been able to guess, I suppose). Anyway, she denies that there is only one way to live your life (she says Jesus is not the only way), and believes that kindness and generosity and other good moral behaviors, will lead to the same place as someone who believes in Christ and lives his / her life according to that. I know how many people watch Oprah and do or believe everything she says, so it's kind of scary. The guy she's speaking to on the video says he doesn't "think about" what will happen at death (and why is this guy anything? Who made him some kind of religious source of anything?). So that's a comforting thought...you live your life and then you die, and that's it. Anyway, it's all very crazy, and it bothered me.

On another note, I'm sick today. Unfortunately it's the day I only have one student worker (who's usually late) and she leaves at 12:30. So no sick day for me. Also it's the 2nd day under my new boss, so that would make a bad impression. But anyhow, my throat hurts and also my back hurts. Not sure where that came from, but it feels like something is pulled. Maybe I have meningitis...although I think that makes your neck hurt. Whatever.

No comments: