Thursday, April 3, 2008

No Bobby Knight

So the Bobby Knight rumor has been nuts. I can't believe something can start on the Haven and get around like it has. Of course our local media doesn't help things. I know they're short on actual news, but it's a little ridiculous. Last night they interviewed Dr. Selig and President Ransdell about it, and also went to Tumbleweed in Glasgow to see if he had been there. But it has amusing, and I guess it gives us all something to focus on during this weird time. But hopefully we'll have a decision on the real coach in a few days, and everything can go back to normal. Although I have to say that I am really liking it right now. I can't do much work, because what's the point? Also, do I still have a job? Not sure. Can't plan the banquet until we have a coach...can't plan for anything. So oddly enough, it's been a relaxing time for me. I don't know who they'll hire, but I know one (former) assistant coach that at least knows how to make his own coffee. Also one that has never asked me to do any of his personal stuff. So I'm all for working for him!

I read on someone else's blog some things about prayer. I still don't feel like I'm praying as often as I should. But I do pray way more often that I used to. But I don't think prayer is always defined as actually stopping what I'm doing and speaking to God. I pray silently in my mind a lot...it's like talking to myself, only it's to God. But I remember something Jason talked about a while back...that we should pray constantly all day and night. Whenever we see someone, or hear something, or anything that happens. And I can't tell you how much I would love to do that. Because the way it is now, when I first come into contact with someone, I tend to judge them. And then feel guilty. And then I have to pray for myself to not be that way. So it would be awesome if I could cut our the whole middle part and just pray to begin with.

Also, I'm very thankful for Jason's series on marriage at 20:20. I'm looking forward to the final two sermons, on the romantic and the physical connection. He went over all this with us in marriage counseling, but very briefly, and not in detail. Also I'm thankful for my husband, who so far seems to exemplify the ideal spouse, according to Jason's sermons so far. Not the perfect spouse of course, but so far we seem to have the three connections that have been discussed. And after this series, he's going to be doing one on raising children. So it's awesome to get all this information at this point in our lives. Also I think Nick wants to start going to Brandon's Sunday night series on Fear & Anxiety. He's a worrier. He says it's a family trait.

No comments: