Monday, April 21, 2008

Another Fun Week

This weekend was busy. I hate busy weekends, but I also hate being bored. Hard to find a happy middle. Friday night we went to see Forgetting Sarah Marshall. It was funny, but a little too graphic (there was a lot of nudity and sex). Pretty much the whole movie was about sex really. But it did have some funny parts. Saturday we went to Ohio County to see Nick's parents and eat at Moonlite in Owensboro. I love Moonlite. Then as soon as we got back, we had small group. It was at a new couple's house this time. Sunday we took Mikaela to church with us. Our ABF class is kind of breaking up, it seems. A lot of the couples in there have been married for 3 or 4 years, so I guess they're ready to move on. There's only a few of us that are staying in it, so hopefully it will grow pretty quickly. After church we ate, took the dogs for a nice long walk / run, then took them to the dog park. The dog park was, of course, packed. We usually kind of worry about how our dogs will behave (mostly because they don't pay any attention to us, so it's a hassle trying to chase them down when it's time to leave). But they were good this time. It's funny to see the differences in their personality. Izzy ran away from us the second she got there. She doesn't really care about other dogs; she prefers the people. She ran around to every single person there to be petted. She's such a people dog. Sydney, however, would not leave us. When she finally did get up the courage to venture off, she'd keep looking at us to check in, and then she'd run back to us after a few seconds. But eventually Isabelle got tired and came back to us, so leaving was actually very easy. Then we went to the Family Meeting at church about the expansion, and took Mikaela to a Bible Study. She hardly ever goes to any of the middle school church activities, so we're going to try to take her more. My parents go to church if they get up on time or they're not busy, but they go to worship service and that's it. I'm hoping that Nick and I can be a positive influence on my sister...not that we're perfect, but I know Mikaela doesn't ever hear about God at home. I know I didn't. Anyway, so after church we went to Walmart and to get ice cream. So we had a busy day, and now I'm exhausted. I had to get up early today to take Isabelle to the groomer. And I think after work we're going to buy some flowers and plants for our yard. I have this idea of buying one of the WKU yard flags, and planting some red and white flowers. But I also found some bluish purple ones last night that I liked. So we'll see.

1 comment:

Andrea Benz said...

I also had some Owensboro barbeque on Saturday! It's so much better than what they call barbeque here.