Friday, January 8, 2010

Funny Article

http://www.projecthappilyeverafter.com/2009/05/if-you-want-to-feel-loved-dont-have-a-baby/

This article cracks me up. I won't post the whole thing, but here's a little:

The other day, I was talking to a friend. She mentioned that she’d stopped taking the birth control pill and was concerned because she hadn’t become pregnant. She’s not exactly in what I would call a stable, nurturing relationship, so I had to ask the question, “You want to get pregnant because?”

She answered, “Because I want something that loves me. I just want to feel loved.”

“Oh, a baby won’t do that,” I said. “If you want to feel loved, get a dog.”

Seriously.

I can think of a lot of things a baby can make you feel. They include:

Inadequate

Overwhelmed

Frustrated

Scared

Pissed off

Incompetent

Bored

Out of your mind

Love? No, love is definitely not on the list. You have a baby because you have spare love to give. You don’t have a baby because you need to get love in return. No, in return for the love you shower upon your child, you will get:

Whining

Crying

Hitting

Biting

All of your favorite things destroyed

A high-pitched voice that screams, “You are the meanest mommy in the world!”


There's more, and it's funny.

No comments: