Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Does anybody read this thing

I'm pretty sure no one reads my blog anymore. Or maybe it's just that everyone uses Google Reader now. I know I do.

Emma is doing well. She is sitting up really well, which is fun. Every now and then she'll still fall over, but not too often. We've cut out her third nap, so that means a little earlier bedtime, but still more time with daddy. She'll be 8 months old next week, which is so hard to believe. I'm trying to start planning her first birthday party, but it's so hard to imagine her being that old. She didn't get to go out and play in the snow...it was just too cold. What was she supposed to do anyway, sit there in it? We've been having lots of fun at home, although she's had a few fussy days lately. But that usually means I get more cuddle time, so it's not too bad.

Nick and I have started looking for a new vehicle...actually, a used vehicle. Our goal is to save up the cash to pay for it by the end of the year (preferably sooner than that). We're going to try to sell one of our vehicles to help us with that. Not having a car payment would be awesome, but I get so impatient trying to save money. I loved the Saturn Outlook we drove (and it was blue!) but the dealership wouldn't offer us much of anything to trade in either of our vehicles. I know my little car isn't much, but I do know it's worth more than they offered. It will be so weird not driving a car...I've had a Mazda 626 ever since I started driving. Not the same one though. This will be the first major thing Nick and I have purchased as a married couple. The house was before we were married, though we both had a say in it. We have somewhat different views on finances. Financial Peace helped us out a lot, so we're basically on the same page most of the time. We both agree that we hate dealing with car salesmen. Ick.

No comments: