Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Emma is 4 weeks old today



First off, I'm pretty tired of the storms. I used to love storms, but the responsibility of a one month old and 2 crazy dogs in a tornado are making me nervous. Not that there's a tornado, but there have been a couple touch down within a few miles of us the past week or so. Mostly today it's the lightning that is bad...the electricity went out briefly but came right back. Between the alerts that come on tv now, my weather radio, email alerts and text message alerts, we've been bombarded with things beeping at us the pst 2 days. Luckily Emma sleeps right through it all.
Emma is 4 weeks old today. She is really starting to pick her head up, although she can only hold it for a couple of seconds. She will also try to make crawling motions when she's on her stomach, though she gets frustrated since she can't go anywhere. She's really starting to figure out her hands and feet, and she likes to throw her hands out like frankenstein. It's funny. Unless you're trying to put her to sleep, and then it's annoying because she wakes herself up. Swaddling is helpful, but she's a pro at getting her arms out. She's still gaining weight, but she's also still spitting up. She's been pretty fussy the past 3 days. I think it's gas, but we do everything we know to do. I feel bad because I can tell it hurts her. Again, I am very thankful for my wraps (I have a Sleepy, and I also ordered a Moby, which is almost the same but not as stretchy). They really help to calm her down and usually put her to sleep. I can't believe she'll be one month old on Saturday.

No comments: