Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas!






I love Christmas, and it's kind of exciting that this will be our last Christmas with no kids. But it's very annoying to hear Christmas music all the time now. It ruins my holiday spirit. I want to hear regular music. One other reason I love this time of year...sports. Basketball is on all the time, which is so awesome. What's not awesome is that Nick made me watch UNC-Michigan State last night instead of Dirty Sexy Money. By 9:00pm, it wasn't even a game anymore. By 9:30pm, we turned it off, but I couldn't start watching the show in the middle of it. So now that's one more thing on my DVR. My poor DVR hasn't gotten much attention lately. I've liked having Nick home. Unfortunately, tomorrow is his last day off. He, I know, will be very happy to start his new job (he's a weird dude). But that means I'll have to clean the house and cook dinner and find time to run all the errands. He apparently got very bored being at home. He went hunting (I don't understand that concept...I'm bored, ooh let's go kill something), fixed our deck, put my laptop on eBay, cleaned the house about 8 times, did laundry, painted a chair, and took everything off of the Christmas tree to "fix it." Apparently it wasn't fluffy enough. He even went to the grocery by himself. The dogs have loved him being there with them, so they're not going to react well when he goes back to work. Speaking of dogs, Sydney has been sick lately. She's thrown up a few times, which is unusual for her. We've been giving her this vitamin / pill for the past couple of weeks, so no more of that. It was supposed to help her joints. We have the most pitiful dogs. Special foods, special medicines, puke...they're a mess. The 2nd of this month (Tuesday) was our (me and Nick, not the dogs) 1 1/2 year anniversary. We went to a basketball game. In one month from Friday, we will find out the gender of our baby! Awesome. Not so awesome is all the water I'm supposed to drink before the ultrasound. Anyway, I'm posting some pictures...our tree and other decorations, Sydney in the stroller (Izzy got scared and jumped out before I could take her's), and whatever else I decide to post.

No comments: