Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas is the only good thing about winter

I'm not all about the cold weather. I used to love snow, but that was back when I got out of school for it. And that was a rare occasion. Also, that was before I had to worry about driving in it. Last year, we had that one day when it was icy. I tried to drive to work and slid off the road into a ditch, almost hitting a speed limit sign. Nick left work to come get me and he almost got hit too. Now that he's working in Franklin, he won't be able to come back and get me anymore. That also makes me nervous...not about me so much. I can call in or come in late if I have to. But he has to drive 30 minutes there and back, and he just started so he can't really call in and tell them he's not coming. I just don't like the snow and ice. The dogs are supposed to be getting their pictures taken with Santa tomorrow night at the mall, but they'll probably cancel that. And this is the last night. I suppose I shouldn't have waited until the last night, but Izzy is getting groomed today so she'll be pretty.

Nick and I went to Nashville Saturday to get some things for the dogs. My parents' poor dog is pitiful (she has allergies and gets itchy, but they keep using regular people shampoo on her and don't seem to care), so I bought her some good shampoo and conditioner and some anti-itch spray. Our dogs were also out of shampoo, and they needed new sweaters. Sydney has completed outgrown everything. She had been sick for the past couple of weeks, so we got her new food and she's back to normal. I love my dogs. They're so fun.

1 comment:

Andrea Benz said...

You should tell your parents to try putting olive oil or vegetable oil on her food every week or two. Kazoo has terrible allergies and it really seems to help his skin be less irritated. As well as how it makes his stiff fur feel soft. Also, I don't think the weather's going to be as bad as they think it is. It will all turn out ok.