Sunday, December 21, 2008

Christmas is my excuse to buy things (for myself)

I've only asked for money this Christmas, because there were some things I wanted to buy. Unfortunately I've already bought the things before I have the money. Friday night, Nick managed to find a Wii Fit at Walmart. We had been looking for awhile with no luck. But someone he knew got one and called him, so he bought it for me. It's very cool, by the way. But it's not my Christmas present. We already got that. It's awesome. I had a picture of the dogs painted on canvas, and we're having it framed. So anyway, today we went to Bedford for Christmas with my dad's family. We stopped at the Summit to shop, and I found a new purse and wallet, and also a new North Face and gloves. So, my Christmas money is not even mine yet and it's already spent. Kind of depressing. Neither Nick or I will have anything to open under the tree. Just the dogs. We're getting really bad at shopping for people. Pretty much all our family is getting gift cards.

I am looking forward to 5 days off over the next 2 weeks. Nick is off all this week, which is totally not fair. But it does mean we'll get to go shopping on Friday. At least for clearance Christmas stuff for next year. I'm going to try to set a goal of having my Christmas shopping for next year done super early. Before May, hopefully.

I realize I haven't been updating much lately. But there's not much to tell. I'm in week 18 now, so I'm not feeling sick anymore. I'm also not too tired, although it's getting harder to sleep. I'm not supposed to sleep on my back or stomach, but sleeping on my sides is uncomfortable. Also, I get really itchy and congested at night. I've got breathe right strips, a vaporizer, my 2 allergy medications and saline nasal spray, so I'm not sure what else I can do about it. Actually, the strips really help. We find out 2 weeks from today whether it's a boy or a girl. For a while, I had a feeling that it was one rather than the other. Now I have no idea. But either way we will be happy. Anyway, hope everyone has a great Christmas.

No comments: