Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Not so fun night

Nick had this thing last night and didn't end up getting home until 7:30. Which I'm sure seems like no bid deal, but when you're used to your husband being home at 4:30, and calling when he's not, it's kind of scary. I was mad, then I was scared and convinced he was lying dead in a hospital, then I thought maybe he had decided to leave me. But his truck needs to be fixed and I know him. He'd fix his truck before he'd leave me. And he needed me to help him drop off his truck. So we got to do that at 10:00 last night, after he replaced the battery in it. But I guess it's better than it needing a new transmission, which he thought it might. So yay for having an emergency fund for which to fund our emergency.

I sent out Christmas cards today, and I thought I was sooo close to being the first. But then we got one from Nick's parents in the mail today. But at least I know I'll always do it before my parents. It was very sweet. They think we're happy:-) That being said, I wish we'd come into a lot of money, because I'm kind of dying to have kids. Oh yeah, but I want Sydney to get trained first. Because a baby and Sydney the devil dog would not be good.

A pet peeve of mine is when the city or state or county or whoever does it, puts all that stuff on the roads "just in case" we get one drop of icy precip. Is it even supposed to snow? Usually when it is, you can't help but know thanks to Chris Allen and Shane Hollinde interrupting every show you ever thought about watching. Stop wasting my tax money and save your winter road supplies. Maybe you could even send them to those people who actually need them. Or wait, we could use that part of our budget for education...or one of the many other needs our crappy state has. No wonder we're third on the list of most depressed states. Hey that's a thought. Put the money toward treatment of mental health problems. Nah.

No comments: