Monday, December 17, 2007

2 more days to go!

Only 1 more day (plus a few hours on Wednesday) to go at work. I'm getting excited about my Christmas break, because I really can't believe I'm getting one. I did last year too, but still. This place is not usually about the time off. Even though the entire university is closed. But it sill be hard to come back to work at the beginning of next year. I will only have Hawaii to look forward to (not only like it's not awesome and exciting and I can't wait! But only like it will still be almost 5 months away). And I'm already planning our next vacation so I'm completely vacation-obsessed.

The WKU-UT game in Nashville was awesome, and would have been about 200 times more so if they had won. And then all I have heard is how great we played. And I agree that we played great, we played hard. Blah blah blah. We outplayed them, we outrebounded them, pretty sure we had fewer turnovers. We totally held Chris Lofton in check. And I think it's great to be able to say when we play these teams that we are no doubt as talented and athletic as what will probably be the best team in the SEC this year. But we have to win. It doesn't matter how well we play or anything else, if we can't win these games against good teams. People seem so complacent and content to just compete and come close to winning. Where has that gotten us? Obviously nowhere. But it helped that UK lost (again). And to Mike Davis no less. His hatred for UK has definitely make me like him. And U of L also lost, so hopefully now they will finally drop out of the polls. Not sure how many crappy teams you can lost to before they figure out you shouldn't be ranked. Oh wait, it's Rick Pitino. Duh.

The doggies are both getting haircuts today. I'm worried about Sydney. She seemed scared this morning, and I felt guilty just leaving her there with strangers. Plus I'm a little nervous about she'll behave. But they haven't called yet so hopefully she's ok. They gave to look pretty to have their pictures taken with Santa tomorrow:-)

1 comment:

Dennis C. Cook said...

wow...i did not know your hatred for UK basketball was so strong. do they make you talk this way because you are employed at wku???