Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nasty Rash

Poor Emma.  She started getting a rash yesterday, but it's not that unusual for her.  She gets them when she's teething or even when she gets too hot.  But this morning when I got her up....holy cow.  She looked awful.  It was all over her arms, legs, hand, feet and face.  I was afraid she had chicken pox, because she would only sit still if I scratched her back or legs.  Either that or she had an allergic reaction to peanut butter (although we first gave it to her one week ago today, so that would have been a delayed reaction), which made me paranoid that she was going to swell up and stop breathing.  We got in to see the doctor this morning and turns out it is a virus.  And I can't do anything for her, besides Benadryl which doesn't seem to do much for her.  She doesn't seem to feel bad, other than the itching this morning.  And she fell asleep with me this morning, which was nice (she hates to sit still and cuddle anymore).  Of course, now she's laying in her crib wide awake, but oh well.  And ll she ate for lunch was applesauce.  Oh the joys of parenting a (strong willed) toddler.

No comments: