Friday, September 4, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

We're going to Atlanta this weekend. It will be Emma's first Braves game (and her first time seeing Chipper...hopefully not her last). We're also going to the aquarium. I'm looking forward to getting out of town, but a little anxious about getting Emma off her schedule for 4 days. She'll be up past her bedtime and missing naps, so I hope we don't have a fussy baby all weekend. She also doesn't do too well in her car seat for extended periods of time. Bu, she has changed so much lately, so maybe she'll handle it better. She's a totally different baby now than she was even a couple of weeks ago. Shes lots of fun now. I can put her down for tummy time and she doesn't scream the whole time anymore...she's almost rolling over. I don't think it will be long now. She's doing a whole lot better with holding her head up too. We put a mirror beside her, and she loves talking to the other baby in it. We're getting close to the end of the swaddle I think. She gets out of it a lot, and she's outgrowing the ones we have. Right now her arms still wake her up, but hopefully within a month we can stop using it. I'm reading up on starting solid foods. I'm still not sure we'll start at 4 months...that seems a little young. We'll see if she's ready then or not. I have lots of food frozen, and yesterday I made some peaches and pears. They were super easy and smelled really good. I think I might try some carrots next week. I will be glad when we can cut out her 10pm dreamfeed. Right now she needs it to get in all her formula for the day, but when she starts solids hopefully we can gradually cut it out.

No comments: