Monday, July 27, 2009

Schedule

It's really amazing how much of a difference Emma's schedule makes. This weekend we got a bit off of it (and I admit I'm much too controlling with it, but I'm the one left dealing with the fussy, hungry, tired baby), and it was not good. She's so much happier when she knows when she's going to be eating and sleeping and playing. Hopefully we'll be able to keep her on the schedule this week and get her back into her routine. We have a couple of weekend trips coming up soon, so those will be a challenge. Also, she's been back on the Prevacid for a couple days now, so hopefully the reflux is done flaring up. We bought a steamer at Walmart this weekend, along with several ice cube trays, so I'm going to try to cook and freeze the squash today for Emma's baby food. We will hopefully have some sweet potatoes and green beans also in by the time she's ready for solids. I'm excited about preparing her food myself. I feel a bit guilty still that I couldn't breastfeed her for long, so at least I know this will be healthier than buying store bought, processed foods. And it will give us a chance to go to the Farmer's Market, which is fun! Fortunately we have a deep freezer on loan. I am hopefully getting a new iPhone soon and selling my current one, so I can take videos of Emma with it. We have a video camera, but it's so much easier and faster to use my phone for pics and video. I never knew how hard it would be to take pictures of a baby...it's like she sees the camera and refuses to cooperate. Seriously...that's how smart and stubborn my child is already!

No comments: