Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I've been neglecting my blog

I haven't updated in a while. We've had some issues with our home computer, and the wireless still doesn't work. Also, lots is going on. Nick and I went to a marriage conference this past weekend (familylife.com/weekend) in Nashville. It was probably our last trip out of town together before Emma comes, and it was nice to stay at a hotel and not have to cook or clean. The conference itself was a really great experience, and a good reminder to focus on our marriage even after Emma is born. Also, how awesome is my husband for going to a marriage conference with me?

As far as the pregnancy, this is week 32. 8 months. That seems crazy. But I'm definitely starting to feel like I'm 8 months pregnant. I start going to the doctor every 2 weeks for the next month, then weekly after that. I keep reading that at this point, Emma should be sleeping the majority of the day. She definitely doesn't seem to sleep that much. I'm sure she does, but she moves a lot. What if she never sleeps after she's born? I'm beginning to worry about things like that. What if I forget to feed her? What if the dogs hate her?

The nursery is FINALLY finished. We got the new crib put together. Emma's bag is packed...now I just need to start mine. But I still have 8 weeks, so I think I'm ok. We're over halfway through childbirth class, so I'm trying to start putting together my birth plan now. I'm going to work through the middle of May. Then I'm going to take some time to stay home with Emma. Fortunately, I won't have to go back full-time; I'm looking forward to spending that time at home with her.

My bracket looks terrible this year. I have lost all of my Final Four teams already. I'm practically last in our pool. Nick's looks bad too, but he's already beat me. Fortunately we didn't put anything on it. I usually win, so he won't bet on it anymore.

Hopefully I will be able to update more frequently over the next few weeks. Although I have started using Twitter, which is cool, except that I don't really know anyone else that's on there. So if you're on Twitter, let me know!

No comments: