Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sports...ugh

I love sports, obviously. But why? I mean, seriously. The Braves are going to be terrible again (my mother says they're going to be bad forever), WKU is bipolar (that's probably not politically correct, but true), and the stupid Titans are out of the playoffs. I don't even like the NFL, but I usually watch the Titans, and this year Nick and I watched most of their games on tv. Nick told me they would lose Saturday, because it seems like they had been getting a little worse each game. But I tried to be optimistic, and after they didn't have a completely terrible first half (they have a problem with first halves), I thought they'd be ok. Especially when it's such a low-scoring, close game and Rob Bironis is your field goal kicker. He's pretty awesome. And the no call on the play clock thing kind of ticked me off. But honestly, they played terrible. Who has that many penalties in a play off game? For real, was Coach Elson out there coaching? Obviously next year I should not be as interested in football...although it might be easier to get tickets now.

Anyway, Nick and I have a busy schedule this week, which I'm starting to get tired of. Our furniture (minus the chair) should be here this week, so I'm assuming that will take up the weekend as well. I really envy those people who have free time (do they exist?).

No comments: