Monday, September 22, 2008

Exciting

So, Nick and I have been talking about going on a mission trip for a few months now. We both wanted to do something to serve, so we started off with teaching Sunday School. But I had continued to pray about opportunities for mission trips. I would love to go overseas but Nick is not as certain on that part. Last night as we were leaving Crown, Stuart and Jenny asked us if we would be interested in maybe going on the trip to Japan the church is taking next summer. It was very strange...good, but weird. Several people, including Stuart and Jenny, went last year. Actually they were all people from our old Sunday School class. They're going back this summer, minus Jenny and probably Stuart (twins will probably keep them busy). It sounds like a very cool opportunity, because you don't really have to do a whole lot...other than going up to strangers and starting conversations, which I'm obviously no good at. But I always kind of knew a mission trip would be about expanding my comfort zone anyway. No manual labor is required, which I like. Anyway Nick seems very receptive and interested, so we will be praying about this a lot. The trip will be a couples trip again, and we will probably know several of them, which is good. So anyway, I'm very excited about this, which was really an answer to prayer.

No comments: