Friday, May 20, 2011

New Beginning

I know, I know, what's the point of having a blog if I never update it.  I've been sort of busy, for the 2 people (probably overestimating there) who read it.  I'm almost 18 weeks pregnant with our second child (woohoo!) and have not felt so hot.  Seriously, the idea of looking at a computer made me throw up most days.  But, I'm hoping that all of that part is over with now, so I can enjoy being pregnant before it's almost over and I'm miserable again!

But I mostly wanted to blog today about Emma.  My baby (ha! not so much) is two years old today.  She is quite the character.  We still enjoy going to storytime at the library, and she loves going to "play with boys and girls" or "see babies."  We've been to the park a few times this spring, and she won't get off the swings.  She has no interest in anything other than swinging.  She still loves to read books, although she can't sit still long enough to get through many books anymore.  She has so much energy, and her new favorite activity is running circles around our couch.  She tells us to "get Emma" or asks for "more Mommy get you."  I can't keep up with her.  I don't think we're into the terrible two's yet, but she is getting more independent and at times, defiant.  Fortunately, we usually get by with only one time out per day, and only one or two toys put up.  Ha, I think that's pretty good.  She is talking like crazy, and picking up new words all the time.  We really have to be careful with what we say around her, because she repeats everything.  She opened her presents from us yesterday and got some from her Nana and Pop this morning.  Her favorite was definitely her power wheels, but she also got a basketball goal, which should be fun for Mommy!

Emma at 8:12am on her 1st birthday
May 20, 2010
Emma at 8:12am on her 2nd birthday
May 20, 2011

Emma's backpack...how grown-up is she?!

She calls it her tractor

Happy to help Mommy with the coupons

A little unsure about it this morning

She needs some practice
Emma, I hope you have had a great birthday!  I know you don't even know what it means yet.  We have a few more fun things planned for you that I think you'll enjoy.  I never thought two years could pass by so quickly, but it sure has.  I'm excited for you to meet your new brother or sister, because you're going to be a great big sister, but it's bittersweet.  Your Dad and I are so enjoying this time with just you.  You will never know what it has meant to me to be able to stay home with you, and I am not exactly looking forward to putting you in preschool (but I will).  You and me are so similar, and sometimes we butt heads.  But I am so glad that you have such a strong personality.  I think we're driving Daddy nuts though.  Happy birthday!

No comments: