Thursday, October 21, 2010

We're still alive!

My effort to blog more often has not gone so well.  But we've been very busy around here lately.  Emma is 17 months old and she is everywhere!  We're still having problems with her allergies.  Fall is especially bad for her.  We took her to the allergy doctor, and got a prescription that will hopefully help ease her congestion.  It seems that dust is really hard for her, so she gets a flare up when I dust the house.  I can dust most of the house while she's sleeping and hopefully that will help, because she loves to tag along and "help" me clean.

We've also started potty training!  She's pretty young, so I just thought I'd buy a potty seat and see what happened.  She has taken to it so quickly!  She is realizing now when she has to pee and she bends over and grabs at her diaper.  She loves to run into the bathroom, sit on the potty and have me read her a book.  We've been pleasantly surprised with how well she's done so far.  My goal was to have her potty trained by the time she's 2, so that gives me 7 months.

Our trip to the beach was fun, but Emma hated the beach.  She didn't want anything to do with the sand or the water.  Our house did have a wagon that she loved to ride in.  We pushed her in that wagon and let her push it around the neighborhood about 200 times.  As soon as we got home, we got my old wagon from my parents' house and cleaned it up.  She loves it.  We were also able to swim, which was her second favorite thing.  We tried to plan out our traveling times, but we failed miserably.  We drove to Atlanta for a baseball game and then drove straight to Destin, and got there about 12:15am.  Emma slept for about an hour and was awake for the rest of the way.  It took us half the week to get her back on her schedule, so she was not a lot of fun for a few days.  We did better on the way home though.

Here are some pictures of what the little lady has been up to lately.











No comments: