Wednesday, May 27, 2009

One Week Old






Emma is one week old today! We had our first doctor's appointment today, and I had my follow-up with the OBGYN. Emma has gained some weight, but is spitting up a lot. We go back next week, so if she's still having trouble keeping food down, I guess we'll see what we need to do. She loves to eat, but I'll feel better once she quits spitting up so often. We're doing pretty well at night. I had been setting an alarm and waking her up to eat, but now I let her wake up on her own. She doesn't wake up crying, but she does start fidgeting and making noises. Fortunately I'm not as deep a sleeper as Nick, so I wake up when she does. Anyway, we feed her once around 3-3:30am, and then can usually sleep until 7 or 8. Sometimes she has trouble going back to sleep, so one of us stays up with her for an hour or an hour and a half. We took her for her first walk in the stroller last night (and my first walk in a week also). We also took our first car trip yesterday, although she stayed in the car with one of us the whole time. She seems to like the car seat and stroller. Really, she likes anything as long as she's not hungry. I am feeling much better now...still a little sore, but I can function again (and w/o any pain meds).
Nick and I have been watching the NBA playoffs. Courtney is doing really well, and only need to win 1 more to advance to the finals. It's weird watching him dunk on Lebron James! I still hate the NBA though...they call way too many technical fouls, and the refs are very inconsistent. But still, go Magic!

No comments: